EXPERIENCE A UNIQUE ADVENTURE
ON THE FOOTSTEPS OF THIERRY SABINE
Discover Morocco, Mauritania and Senegal and tackle this challenge on your trail or maxi-trail
by riding on the tracks of the most famous legendary rallies to join the mythical Lac Rose,
at your own pace, without chrono.
The trail or maxi-trail are known to be the best bike to cross and discover these countries with landscapes only Africa can offer, along with its unique ancestral cultures. The participants will benefit from the logistic of one of the biggest rally-raid in Africa, the AFRICA ECO RACE.
Every night, the participants will join the caravan of the AFRICA ECO RACE where the various actors of this unique rally can mingle and discuss their experience of the day.
At the head of the organization of the AFRICA RAID and the AFRICA ECO RACE, these two world-known adventures: Jean Louis SCHLESSER et René METGE.
Their motto: change of scenery, endurance, mutual aid and conviviality.
The participants will experience a unique event…
a once in a lifetime adventure which will fulfil your travelers’ soul!
January 31st, 2022
Closing of the entries
March 12th, 2021
Administrative checks in the South of France
Official start of the AFRICA RAID 2022
Boarding the boat, direction Morocco
Marc 15th / 26th, 2022
Arrival of the boat in Morocco and 1st stage
12 stages through Morocco, Mauritania and Senegal
1 day of rest
March 27th, 2022
Final stage along Lac Rose
Embarking of the vehicles, direction France
Beginning April 2022
Arrival of the return boat with vehicles in Marseille
Non-definitive program, subject to change
- Solo Rider,
- For all owners of trail or maxi-trail,,
- From 650 cc,
- Autonomy required: 400 km minimum,
- Rolling and sandy tracks + roads. For those who would like to taste the sand and challenge themselves, there will be alternatives for everyone to enjoy.
8 900 € : rider + motorcycle
- Official start ceremony,
- Boat transport to Morocco for the person, in an interior cabin to be shared with 3 other persons,
- Meals at the self-service on the boat,
- Boat transport two ways Europe/Morocco & Dakar/France for the vehicle,
- Custom formalities,
- Bivouacs in Africa,
- BIKE Raid : transport of 2 box, 1 tent, 2 complete wheels,
- Accommodation on bivouacs (breakfast, packed lunch, dinner) and lunch in Lac Rose,
- Supervision by professionals,
- The rally's t-shirt,
- Film of the rally,
- Photo gallery free of rights,
- Prize-giving ceremony at Lac Rose,
- Mauritanian visa,
- Vehicle insurance in Mauritania and Senegal,
- Medical assistance, osteopath,
- Repatriation assistance,
- Civil responsibility insurance of the organizers.
MANDATORY SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Helmet less than 5 years old
- Trousers and moto vest,
- Dorsal protection approved CE level 2, reference EN16212,
- Soft 3 litre tank of water (Camelbak type)
- Survival blanket
- 1 medical emergency kit
- Rental of the ERTF GPS. Available for rent with the organization : cost approx. 400€
- Rental of a SmallTrack – satellite tracking system. Available for rent with the organization : cost approx. 400€
2 extra tires with studs are advised
Every person who wishes to participate in the race must imperatively do the online registration process on the TOP RIGHT of our front page : REGISTRATION
2 STEP INSCRIPTION PROCESS
As from now:
You have to:
- Create an account or connect to an existing account
- MY ACCOUNT / VEHICLES: Create a vehicle and enter the dimensions. If you do not yet have the model, simply fill the slots with “X”
- MY ACCOUNT / MY TEAMS: Create your team
- MY ACCOUNT / MY CREWS: Create your race crew by attaching the vehicle
- MY ACCOUNT / MY CREWS: On the right: ACTION/MANAGER/MEMBER: Create the pilot and co-pilot. If you do not have all the names, fill the slot with “X”.
Any information can be modified any time before the close of the entries.
To complete and finalize the team file
All slots need to be filled in your own time.
A copy of the following documents have to be uploaded :
- Each passport of each person valid until October 31st 2022.
- Each valid driving licence (back and front) corresponding to the category of vehicle entering the race.
- Each vehicle registration document (including the trailer).
Each Registration File must be finalised and fully completed at the latest on January 31st.
ONLINE REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
Create your personal space and register directly online.
Your details will be saved and will be modifiable from one year to another if you wish to participate again. A simple way to manage your administrative steps and prepare your adventure.
RSVP on the ONLINE REGISTRATION WEBSITE