WHAT THE PARTICIPANTS SHOULD EXPECT
That's it, the summer is over so back to business. September marks the countdown to the start of the 9th edition of AFRICA ECO RACE®, from the Principality of Monaco. Small reminder on what should expect the participants.
THE HIGH POINTS
- 2nd rates closure: September 15th 2016.
- Entries closure: November 15th 2016.
- Scrutineering and Start of the rally: Principality of Monaco. With our charming ambassadress Adriana, administrative and technical scrutineering will be held on December 29th & 30th before the Official Start of the 2017 AFRICA ECO RACE®, given the next day on December 31st, 2016. To finish the day, the entire rally caravan will transfer to the harbor of Sète in order to board on the ferry.
- Stages: From January 2nd to 14th 2017: 5 stages in Morocco – 1 rest day in Dakhla - 6 stages in Mauritania – 1 stage in Senegal.
- Mythical Lac Rose: January 14th 2017, finish of the rally and prize giving ceremony.
- Boat embarkation Dakar / Europe: January 15th 2017.
On the AFRICA ECO RACE®, the route and recos are made by ancient pilots and navigators. Who knows better than them of what competitors should expect on a cross-country rally? Deserts that only Africa can offer, navigation which can make the difference, bivouacs and Special Stages Starts and Arrivals in unforgettable landscapes with a minimum of Liaison and loops to save men and vehicles.
THE ULTIMATE AIM
Participating at such an adventure requires a real investment in terms of physical, mental and budget preparation ... The ultimate reward after so much effort: Finishing on the Lac Rose and getting on the podium. TheAFRICA ECO RACE® knows it. This is why the sporting regulations are adapted to minimize the risk of race exclusion in case the competitor does not take the start of a stage or for misses CPs.
Also, all the participants will receive a trophy which will remind this adventure forever!
As always, there are the usual rankings Car / Truck and Motorcycle / Quad. But again, on the AFRICA ECO RACE®, we do not do things by half as it is the only rally to establish a SCRATCH CAR / TRUCK ranking.
Specific rankings are also set up in the category:
- Car / truck: 4x4 two rigid axles, car less than 2 liters.
- Bike / Quad: 1st Veteran pilot, 1st Malle Moto pilot.
You only have few days left to register and get the best rate.
So do not wait! Go on the online registration: www.theracetodakar.com